With 5Strands' at home collection kit, learning about how your pet's body is responding to current dietary & lifestyle decisions has never been so easy. 5Strands uses BIORESONANCE technology to determine which of the 466 items tested resonate as an intolerance or imbalance. Results will help guide you to eliminate or avoid the items causing your pet physical discomfort.
The process is simple:
(1) Purchase kit (2) Register kit (3) Collect hair sample (4) Send back to 5Strands (5) Receive testing results on customer portal within 10 days of your samples arrival. Be sure to keep your tracking information when sending back hair sample.
The Pet Deluxe Package includes 4 different types of tests for pets: (1) Food Intolerances (2) Environmental Intolerances (3) Nutrition Test (4) Metal and Mineral Test. This is a simple at home test kit using a hair sample collection method. Testing results take 7-10 days after the hair sample has been received at the processing center.
(1) The Pet Food Intolerance Test covers proteins, grains, vegetables, fruits, fats, seafood, additives and preservatives. The intolerances are listed into 3 levels based on the response upon exposure.
Utilizing the items that register a Level 3 response will create the recommended 6-8 week elimination guideline. Please try to not feed your pet any food items that were not tested for during the elimination period. You will not know how they will respond to these items. Once you know what food items may be causing your pet’s discomforts or intolerance symptoms (upset stomach, constant scratching, hair loss, paw biting, hot spots, etc.) you will be able to eliminate them from their diet and see if the symptoms lessen or disappear. After the 6-8 week period, you can then re-introduce an item one at a time in small quantities and see if the symptoms return.
(2) The Pet Environmental Intolerance Test covers fabrics, cleaning materials, grasses, trees, mold, dust mites, and other animal dander. It can be difficult to eliminate environmental items. However, knowledge is power and this report will help you to avoid these triggers as much as possible and try to manage any symptoms your pet might be experiencing (skin issues, scratching, paw biting, & inflammation). Unlike an allergy, intolerances do not involve the immune system.
(3) The Pet Nutrition Test will indicate which of the key vitamins and minerals your pet’s body is not absorbing properly from their food and/or supplements. Unlike blood testing, it will not provide you with a physical measurement of the amount of nutrients in their body. Since this type of testing is energetic in nature, it will actually indicate items that your pet’s body may need more before it manifests into a physical issue (hair loss, joint pain, inflammation, dry skin). This test will allow you to alter their food or supplement consumption accordingly.
(4) The Pet Metals & Minerals Test will indicate your pet’s ability to process and eliminate the items tested. Unlike blood testing or HTMA testing, it will notprovide you with a physical measurement of the amount of the metal or mineral in their body. If and when your pet would come in contact with any of the metals/minerals that register on their results, their bodies may not be able to process and eliminate those items the way their body was intended to. This can end up causing symptoms in the body (vomiting, diarrhea , seizures, bloody stools, lethargy, and loss of appetite) that may be hard to pinpoint where it is coming from.
*An important clarification about 5Strands Affordable Testing Kits: While 5Strands' testing kits are excellent comprehensive diagnostic tools, they are intended to identify potential problems, not resolve them. Further action steps are required to use the test results to inform the changes to diet, environment, etc. that can lead to positive transformations for your pets.