Spaying or neutering changes a cat's life, and fortunately, so does Royal Canin Spayed/Neutered Appetite Control Dry Cat Food. Spaying and neutering is a simple operation that has a big effect on hormone levels in cats. And while these changes have many positive outcomes, like a friendlier demeanor and longer life expectancy, there is one challenge. As soon as 48 hours after surgery, changing hormones can cause a cat’s energy needs to decrease by 30% while also causing a 20% rise in appetite. This can lead to significant weight gain. As experts in health nutrition, Royal Canin designed Spayed/Neutered Appetite Control, a specific formula to meet the needs of your spayed or neutered cat who has a tendency to beg for food.
- Recommended for cats from 1 to 7 years old that have tendency to beg.
- Contains dietary fiber sources at levels that help maintain healthy appetite patterns and discourage overeating.
- Moderate fat content and L-carnitine helps to limit excess weight gain with adequate daily rations.
- L.I.P. digestive science innovation uses protein selected for its high digestibility, which helps reduce stool odor.
- Ring-shaped kibble helps to slow ingestion speed and provide necessary nutrients at the right levels.